Arctic Race of Norway has a new ambassador
July 24 th 2019 - 14:27
Arctic Race of Norway is proud to welcome the professional cyclist Gunn-Rita Dahle Flesjå as a new ambassador!
– We are incredibly proud and excited to have Gunn-Rita on the team as the new ambassador for the Arctic Race and for Norwegian procycling, says ARN CEO, Knut-Eirik Dybdal.
Gunn-Rita shares the title of ambassador with fellow professional cyclist, Thor Hushovd. Dybdal is convinced that both are perfect for the role.
– Both Thor and Gunn-Rita are pioneers in Norwegian cycling sport. As a mountain biker, Gunn-Rita has won the title of Female athlete of the year in 2006, as well as being a Norwegian champion, European champion, world champion and olympic winner in her field, just to name a few.
Gunn-Rita tells us that her new role is a new and exciting chapter for her.
– I have travelled around the world representing pro cycling wherever I went. Now I have the unique opportunity to see and experience the beautiful parts of northern Norway, as well as promote our country and our cycling sport globally.
But what does it actually mean to be an ambassador for the ARN?
Just as Thor, Gunn-Rita will share her knowledge and expertise as a professional cyclist and athlete. She will work with the Heroes of Tomorrow, helping young athletes, as well as promote the cycling sport internationally.
– I hope that my role as ambassador will inspire others to be more active and get on the bike as much as possible.
An inspiration for young talents
CEO Dybdal believes that both Thor and Gunn-Rita will be important for the cycling talents of tomorrow.
– With Thor and Gunn-Rita we now have two of the most premier athletes through time on our team, as ambassadors for the Arctic Race of Norway. Together they will spread the word about Norwegian cycling and be inspirational role models for aspiring young cyclists in Norway. I am sure they will do a fantastic job.
The new ambassador can reveal that she is very excited to get started:
– To be able to promote such a fantastic sport is a gift in itself. But I am also really looking forward to get to know more of Norway’s beautiful landscape, and to meet people that share the same passion for cycling as I do!