Like every year, Arctic Race of Norway has the pleasure of welcoming you to an unforgettable cycling experience. In Alta, on Sunday 19th of August, a real challenge will await those who want to test their fitness in parts of the same course as the professional riders. For those who would rather have a more amusing and easygoing bike ride, a fun ride with a truly relaxed feel will offer you a great alternative option. Take on the Challenge and join the Arctic Race of Norway Challenge!
Start from the Race Village in Alta City Center. Loops in the city circuit where the professional race takes place. 6, 3 or 1 loops. Same finish as the professional race at Komsa skole.
Alternative distances: Approx. 60 km, 30 km or 10 km
The roads will be closed for ordinary traffic. Personnel from the Army and the Police will ensure the road closure.
W/M 17-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
No classes, open for all from age 13+.
· Competition classes: NOK 400 + NCF license.
· Leisure: NOK 200 + NCF license.
Yearly license must be presented at the bib pick up.
Via EQ Timing. Link: .
Registrations close on August 16.
All participants must wear a bib. The bib contains the timing chip. Bibs should be place on the lower back of the race jersey.
Bibs pick up at Scandic Hotel Alta between 10am and 12am on the race day.
Mass start for all classes at 2pm from ARN Race Village in Alta City.
1. Official race (turritt)
a. Timing of the whole distance.
b. Timed sector Skajaluftveien – finish line for each round (approx. 900 m)
2. Untimed race (leisure).
3. For the 10 km option; ideal timed race. The organizers set a secret ideal time, which is approachable for all participants. The rider with the finishing time closest to the ideal time, is the winner.
Riders passing the finish line before a new loop later than 3.40pm will be stopped and have to abandon the race.
· Supervised bike parking to be organized close to the finish area.
· Food and drinks in the finishing
· Technical service in the finishing area when passing the line for each loop.
· No organized wardrobe facilities.
· Prices to the winner of each class.
· Price to the fastest rider on the sector Skajaluftveien – finish line.
· ARN Challenge medals to all participants
Regular NCF regulations for road races apply.